At Cherry Bay Dental, we specialize in treating patients that are suffering from dental anxiety. If you have been avoiding the dentist due to fear of what a procedure could be like or simply do not enjoy having dental work done, give us a call. In our Traverse City, Michigan dental office, we can ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed regardless of what procedure is being performed. When you visit our office, Dr. Heather Rhoads Pfefferle will meet with you to discuss what treatments you need and create a plan for how to keep your mouth healthy while easing any fears that you have about dentistry or procedures in general. This way you will be informed and empowered to make decisions regarding dental care without experiencing any anxiety.
How can I ease my fears about dental care without medication?
When you visit our dental office, we can discuss ways that you can prevent experiencing anxiety while receiving dental care. In addition to the medication that we can provide, you can try relaxing by drinking a glass of tea. There are several natural varieties that you can purchase at the health foods store that will relax and calm you. At times, this can be enough to put you into a naturally relaxed state. Some patients also find that they benefit from meditation and acupuncture.
How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Another easy way to calm your fears is to visit our Traverse City dental office and meet with Dr. Heather Rhoads Pfefferle without having actual dental work performed. Taking the time to tour our office, where you can sit in the dentist chair and have a conversation, will allow you to become familiar with our staff and office environment. This way when you do have your teeth cleaned, and dental work performed; you are doing so in an atmosphere that you feel comfortable in with procedures being completed by friendly and familiar faces. During your consultation, we can also discuss what you can expect from a teeth cleaning or a specific procedure. This will help you to prepare mentally for how long it will take, what dental tools will be used, what you could feel during the process and what the recovery period will be, if any. At Cherry Bay Dental, we have found that the more informed our patients are the more comfortable and relaxed they feel. This one appointment can help to alleviate the fear of dentists that you are experiencing.
Check out what others are saying about our dental anxiety support services on Yelp: Dental Anxiety Traverse City.
If you suffer from dental anxiety, Dr. Pfefferle and her team will do everything they can to help make you feel at ease in our office. We often find that offering Nitrous Oxide, or laughing gas, is sufficient in relieving most people’s anxiety, however, if you believe you are in need of sedation, be sure to speak with Dr. Pfefferle and she will discuss your options with you.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Cherry Bay Dental was established in 2010
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Grand Traverse and Leelanau
- We serve patients from the following cities: Traverse City, Kingsley, Acme, Williamsburg, and Old Mission
- Michigan Board of Dentistry (License #2901020314). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifalier Database (1699930453). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Dental Anxiety